The Student News Site of Carbondale Community High School

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Is The Passing Period Time Reasonable

Is the passing period time for Carbondale Community High School reasonable? The meaning of reasonable is subjective to everyone, so therefore, everyone has their own opinions if it is reasonable or not. 

Some say that passing periods at CCHS do not provide enough time for students to navigate through crowded hallways, access necessary materials, or even engage with teachers. There are factors that play into passing times, such as the distance between classes and the nature of the classes can greatly affect whether five minutes is reasonable. The CCHS school building is large and not a small school. People also have explained that if they want to use the restroom it is definitely not enough time to use the restroom and get to class. 

So, is 5 minutes enough time or not?

Harper Brown: If you’re at closer class I think the time is plenty but if you’re down in Terry’s room and have to go to gym class, it’s a little short. You can make it you just can’t hit the restroom or talk to anybody it’s just a little too short. I asked Harper what classes have the most tardies he replied with First hour, gym or a class down in Terry’s room. I later on asked if 8:25 starting time for the first hour was reasonable . He replied with yes because I wouldn’t want to start at 9 and end at 4 but I get out on a half day anyway.

Tenell Greene: I think the time could be a little bit longer, maybe 7-8 minutes long, the grade with the most tardies is definitely the seniors. I’m glad our first hour class starts at 8:25 so we at get out at 3:00 instead of 4:00