Terrier Times

Preview of 2018-19 NBA Season

Vincent Bullock

The 2018-19 NBA Season is set to start on October 16.  Last season, the Warriors beat the Cavaliers in the Finals in both teams 4th appearance in the Finals in a row.  This coming season, with all the moves that teams have made in the off season, it doesn’t look too good for the Warriors and Cavaliers to both make a 5th appearance in the Finals.  Some big trades were made all around the league over the off season, so there’s no telling who could make a run to the Finals this year.

There are a few teams in the Western Conference  that could make a run at the championship this year.  One team is the Los Angeles Lakers.  Adding LeBron James in the off season, chances are decent for the Lakers to go to the Finals.  The Lakers also added big man Javale McGee from the Warriors and Rajon Rondo from the Pelicans this off season.

Any team with LeBron on it has a good chance to go far in the season.  But the Western Conference will be tough this year.  The top team that could make it to the Finals is the Golden State Warriors.  They have been to the Finals the past 4 years and with new addition of DeMarcus “Boogie” Cousins, they are looking more and more likely to go to the Finals for a 5th year in a row.

Another team that has a good chance of making a run to the Finals are the Houston Rockets.  With the reigning MVP,  James Harden, and the addition of veteran Carmelo Anthony, the Rockets are looking good coming into this season.

There are also a few teams in the Eastern Conference that will be competing for their spot in the Finals.  One team that has a fair chance to make it to the Finals are the Cleveland Cavaliers.  LeBron signing to the Lakers was a big loss for them, but with the team’s rookie point guard Collin Sexton, the Cavaliers are looking to start a new era.

Another team in the Eastern Conference with a good chance of making it to the Finals are Boston Celtics.  With the whole starting lineup coming back healthy off a loss in the Eastern Conference Finals last season, the Celtics are a top team in the East to be reckoned with.

The last team that I believe that has a good chance to make a run to the Finals in the Eastern Conference are the Milwaukee Bucks.  Giannis Antetokounmpo is the team’s best player and he finished in the top 5 canidates for MVP last season, they will be coming back strong with him leading the team.