The Student News Site of Carbondale Community High School

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Terrier Fest

Every semester, Carbondale Community High School puts on a little event called Terrier Fest for students who meet the certain criteria requirements. These requirements have to do with attendance and behavior throughout the semester. 

This event is popular among students and teachers because the teachers like that it gives students a bonus if they achieve good attendance and behavior. It encourages them to show up more and not disbehave. For students, it’s a time to hang out with their friends and play fun activities instead of being in class. 

The students will get called out depending on what class they are in, it usually goes from freshman to senior. They will walk to the gym and get checked to make sure they meet the criteria to be at the event. They will then get snacks and go into the gym. Some of the activities include bouncy houses of all sorts, pickleball, ping pong, inflatable axe throwing, volleyball, and much more. It lasts the whole period and gives a much needed break from the school day classes.  

Tenell Greene Interview

“Tenell Greene. It’s pretty fun, they had a lot of games to play. They had spikeball, had bouncy houses. Honestly I do, cause you don’t wanna miss hanging out with your friends just cause you come late to school.

Next I interviewed Boston Robbins.

Bostin Robbins Interview

“Bostin Robbins. Motivates me and other students to make sure I’m at school everyday, on time everyday, and never in trouble. Got to stay out of detentions and ISS. I love terrier fest, they got bouncy houses, basketball, games, food, you gotta love terrier fest. 

Terrier Fest gives both positive goals to students and an opportunity to have a good times