The Student News Site of Carbondale Community High School

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

CCHS Bowling 23-24

The Bowling team at Carbondale High School is a relatively new team that has been gaining lots of popularity in recent years. Last year, the girls bowling team won conference and had 2 members of the team make it to state. Many athletes have used bowling as a way to stay active during their sports’ off-season. There are many new players this year, all hoping to have fun and make connections through Bowling. Tryouts for this years’ team were held on Tuesday, November 14th, at the SIU Bowling Alley. 

“I’m a little nervous ‘cause it is my first year, but I am expecting myself to do better with practice; so, I’m hoping to go pretty far, not, I don’t think I’m going to be the best on the team, but I’ll be okay, I think I’ll be a mediocre player. 

My highest score of the season is 111.

I decided to bowl this year because I wanted to do it other years, but I didn’t have the courage to do it then. I was like, oh, it’s my senior year. Let me just like, let me try it, so I was like, okay! Ro does it too so I was like let’s do it!

I was really nervous because I was scared people were going to be really judgey, but everybody is very nice and they encourage one another and they’re very happy for everybody to be there and it just makes me feel loved and cared for and that you’re appreciated to be on the team.”