The Student News Site of Carbondale Community High School

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Rock Climbing at CCHS

Students enter the gym , their eyes widen as they see a rock climbing wall standing tall and proud. The buzz of excitement fills the air.one by one students approach the wall, some hesitate, their eyes scanning the wall, while others jump right in, their hands reaching for the first hold. The gym is buzzing with anticipation. Students gather around the mat filled with climbing gear.

One by one students step forward. They put on helmets, adjusting the straps until they fit snugly. Next, they step into harnesses, pulling the straps lights around their waists and thighs. The gym echoes with the sound of encouragement and laughter. Some students slip, their faces a mix of shock and determination as they get back up. Others slowly but surely make progress, their faces glowing with pride The gym buzzes with energy as students continue to challenge themselves, each one climbing higher than they thought possible. 

The student states “the rock climbing activity is very in the moment something you’d want to experience before going into the real world and trying this activity. Very exciting but nerve racking due to falling down. Being nervous when falling down is the biggest inconvenience of the activity.”