The Student News Site of Carbondale Community High School

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Terrier Times

Construction at Carbondale High School

CCHS has been doing lots of improvements and renovations throughout the past year, despite this they have lots more planned. They recently expanded the cafeteria so they could fit all of the students inside it instead of in the halls. 

Earlier this year, they shut off the Walnut street entrance and have been working on that for awhile now;, they put new offices and a meeting room in and are now improving the outside of the entrance. Not only have they improved the cafeteria, but they built a completely new portion of the building that holds the new wrestling room and weight room for students. It is huge compared to the old one and the new equipment is extremely nice. 

One of the biggest things that is planned for the next couple years is the new CTE portion of the building. They are planning on expanding the whole CTE curriculum by building a separate building where the practice football field is right now. It should house all kinds of cool new classes such as engine maintenance and a cosmetology program. I know many students who are excited about some of the new things the school plans on adding. 

Luca DiMaggio- “Yeah, I think it’s a great way to improve the school’s look from the outside. I remember when there were lockers just over here. Now there’s not and apparently we are gonna have our gym expanded in the next couple of years. I’m really excited for that. I have a lot of friends who are in those classes so it is great for them. I like the new weight room. They always open the garage door and it’s really cool.”