CCHS Students Participate in the 2021 Holiday Spirit Week

Madison Haldeman

In preparation for the holiday season, CCHS students participated in the 2021 spirit week. It lasted from December Each day had its own theme. Monday was a fan-favorite; pajama day. Tuesday was Christmas tree day. Wednesday was Holiday or Christmas character day, Thursday was white out day, and lastly, Friday was ugly sweater day. Both Marritt Vaughn and Blake Taylor, seniors, agreed that ugly Christmas sweater day was their favorite. Pajama day didn’t come too far in second place.

Spirit week gives liveliness to such a stressful time of the year. Finals are just around the corner. Dressing up gives students a fun way to end the semester, and get excited about the new year. According to Mark Lenzini, senior, spirit week gives students a time to be care-free and take a moment to step back from the stress of finals and the end of the semester.

Although there were some fun theme ideas this year, students would like to see something a little different in the years to come. Although Mr. Taylor will be graduating in the next couple of months, he thinks it would be cool to have a “Santa-Workshop Day” for next year’s spirit week. This includes; Santa suits, elves, reindeer, and much more.

Overall, the Carbondale Community High School spirit week was a success. There was an outstanding amount of participation compared to previous years, and it brought joy to participants to roam the halls in their festive attire.