How to Survive the End of the Semester

How to Survive the End of the Semester

Heather Robinson, Journalist

As the end of the school year draws nearer, seniors aren’t the only ones losing all motivation to attend class. Everyday it seems that all classes are dwindling in size, as students lose the will to come to school.  If you are reading this article, you are probably one among these students, so here are a few tips on how to make it through the last few weeks of the semester.

Prioritize your school work

Image result for studying

As the sun comes out and the warm weather returns, we are all anxious to adventure in the limited hours of daylight after school, forcing us to postpone stacks of homework for twilight time. This can often result in homework with half the effort, or even homework that students decide to “take the L” on. Though going on a hike or stopping for some ice cream are much more appealing, those activities can wait while due dates cannot!

Don’t forget to catch some Z’s!

Image result for falling asleep in school

Though in summer nights we can stay up for endless hours, it is important to remember to keep your mind sharp by getting plenty of sleep on school nights to avoid falling behind. It is at a point in the semester when there is not much time to catch up once your grades start declining, and the best way to prevent this is by resting your brain so that you can power through class wide awake.

FIELD TRIPS!  

Image result for field trip high school

If absolute worst has come to worst and the previous tips are just not ones that are realistic to you, there is another way to stay sane while avoiding skipping class. At the end of the year, often times  many classes take various field trips during the week, and if you’re thinking none of your classes do, then you may want to consider joining a club. Though it may seem impossible, it is never to late to join most clubs at CCHS.

I, for example just recently joined math team (apparently no skill was required), and managed to excuse myself from over four school days from it! This may seem a smaller finesse to others who are not willing to put in this much effort, but if you’re as desperate as I am to escape every possible minute of class time, this may be an option to consider.

Before you skip class, make sure to remember the bigger picture. A day of school will last around a mere seven hours, while summer, a few months. Summer will be back before you know it, so it is important to do your very best these last few weeks.

The bottom line is; as we trudge through our final school days, remember that before we hit the beach-or the couch, we must first hit the books.