Turn Up Volley Bros

February 18, 2020

This upcoming Thursday, February 20th will be the second annual Student Council Coach Kill Cancer “PowderBuff” game. The game will be a showdown between the Juniors and the Seniors; Seniors will be defending their shiny 1-0 record while the Juniors will be fighting to prove they’re worthy of the competition. The seniors will be coached by Senior volleyball starters Mary Cummins and Hannah Lowndes. I spoke with Senior Will Bruns about the upcoming game; when asked about the outcome and his hopes for the game he said, “I think that the senior team willl dominate against the junior and faculty teams. I fully expect one of the seniros to take a volleyball to the face though. I hope that that there will be a larger turnout compared to last year because I think this will be pretty fun to watch”. An additional team to play the winner of the Senior vs. Junior game will be the faculty team, making their appearance as always. The game is set to be fun for everyone in attendance, so spectators are more than welcome and encouraged. They want the game to be as competitive and as active as possible so bring your friends, make your signs and bring the noise for the Volley Bros game!

Below are the bio’s and fun facts of some familiar faces to cheer or jeer on during the game; Jackson Beaupre (Junior), Will Bruns (Senior), and Mary Cummins (Senior/coach).

Will Bruns Bio:

Nickname: “Cinnamon Stick”

Height: 6’5”

Grade: 12 (senior)

Fun Facts:

1. Jewish
  2. Plays soccer & tennis
  3. 6’5” and can’t dunk

Mary Cummins Bio:

Grade: 12 (senior)

Fun facts:

1. Played volleyball since 5th grade
  2. 5’11
  3. Coached club volleyball the past 2 years

As you can see last year’s Volley Bro games were a blast, ending in smiles and boosted comradely.

Senior team posing after the victory against the Juniors

11 Comments

11 Responses to “Turn Up Volley Bros”

1. Emily McClurg on February 18th, 2020 10:58 am

Awesome article! I liked how you also talked about last year’s game as well and tied it into this year’s game.

2. Sierra Buckles on February 19th, 2020 10:38 am

This article was very good and informative. It helped me understand what the proceeds go to and more information about last years game along with last years picture. The bio’s were a good creative add on.

3. Jay Campbell on February 19th, 2020 10:47 am

Although it’s bias I’m rooting for the senior team! Hopefully this years seniors can live up to last years’ legacy. I want to know who else is going to be on the team so I can wish them all good luck personally!

4. Yara Hindi on February 19th, 2020 10:54 am

Shout out to Hannah L and Mary C for being great coaches last year! Lets hope the seniors win. Very well written piece.

5. Latia Smith on February 19th, 2020 11:10 am

Hope the seniors win. Nice information. Do they not have any fun facts?

6. Landon on February 19th, 2020 1:14 pm

This is great format ! Also lets get this DUB seniors!

7. Spencer Bickel on February 19th, 2020 1:17 pm

I really like the way you formatted this article, however I feel like there should be more text underneath the bios, as without it that part of the page looks really empty.

8. Mitchell Bandy on February 20th, 2020 1:43 pm

Good article full of information. The bios were a great idea, that was a cool and fun add-on. I am interested in seeing the game now.

9. Austin Helbock on February 21st, 2020 10:45 am

I like how you added a bio! It gave me information on the them to help me get a better understanding. I enjoyed the fact that you talked about last years game so people will be prepared for this year.

10. Carmen Peinado on February 21st, 2020 12:48 pm

Cool sneak peek, kinda vague, and some typos.

11. Will Bruns on February 28th, 2020 10:32 am

Good article and preview of the game, I liked the bios of the players and coach, it brought another dimension to the article.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Terrier Times • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in